Diploma in Theology
Diploma in Theology
- Australian Lutheran College
- Catherine Booth College
- Catholic Theological College
- Pilgrim Theological College
- St Athanasius Coptic Orthodox Theological College
- Stirling Theological College
- Trinity College Theological School
- Whitley College
- Yarra Theological Union
Level 5 – Diploma
- Online only
- Some units online
- On campus
One year full-time or up to four years part-time.
Cost of study
The DipTheol requires completion of 8 standard undergraduate units. Fees for 2018 are $1,548 per unit or $12,384 for a full-time year (8 units).
What is this course about
The Diploma in Theology introduces students to the key theological disciplines of Biblical Studies and Christian Thought and History. This may be extended by further study in those disciplines or by electives in the area of practical ministry studies.
Course learning outcomes
Graduates of the Diploma in Theology
- have sound foundational skills for critical study of Christian texts.
- have skills to articulate foundational theological and scriptural knowledge and reflection.
- have developed clear analytical skills allowing them to analyse and communicate sound theological arguments.
- apply their skills and knowledge to their own and other contexts and traditions.
- apply their skills and knowledge to the service of others through practical engagement and in contexts such as conversation.
Follow on study
Graduates may proceed to an Advanced Diploma in Theology and Ministry, an Advanced Diploma in Philosophy, or to the Bachelor of Ministry or Bachelor of Theology.
Admissions for first semester 2017 close on Friday 17 February 2017.
Admissions for second semester 2017 close on Friday 21 July 2017.
Successful completion of Year 12 in an Australian secondary school, or equivalent. Probationary admission is available to approved persons aged 21 or greater who have not completed Year 12.
How to apply
The Diploma in Theology consists of 120 points of study, comprising:
- 30 points of study in Biblical Studies (Field B)
- 30 points of study in Christian Thought and History (Field C)
- a further 60 points of study.
Black Bachelor gown