Vacancy: Reception and Admin
Whitley College is seeking a Receptionist and Administrative Assistant.
- Convenient city edge location with plenty of transport options
- 0.8 to Full time role 38 hours per week, 1 year contract
- Interesting role with a lot of variety
Whitley College: the Baptist College of Victoria is a Theological College in the University of Divinity, serving the Baptist and wider church community. Whitley College will also continue to operate as a Residential College of the University of Melbourne during 2017.
As a Theological College, Whitley College is dedicated to providing high quality theological education through a comprehensive range of diplomas and degrees, professional development opportunities, advanced research programmes, and innovative and flexible training initiatives.
We are seeking to employ a highly organised and experienced Receptionist & Administrative Assistant to join our community.
This person will be responsible for welcoming students, guests and other visitors to the Theological College and providing administrative support within the Theological College office.
As the successful candidate you will possess the following attributes:
- Experience and relevant qualifications in reception duties and providing administrative support to senior staff.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, and the ability to deal effectively with a diverse range of people in a helpful and professional manner.
- Demonstrated organisational ability and time management skills, with the ability to manage competing demands and be proactive in initiating tasks.
- Experience in, or understanding of university and/or Theological environments/contexts an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to use a range of computer software applications including Microsoft Office suite, information management systems, email, calendars and internet.
- An ability to work independently with minimum supervision as well as cooperatively within a small team environment.
- Events management experience an advantage.
Whitley College is an egalitarian, close-knit, enthusiastic and friendly community. The staff and team are committed to the values and goals of Whitley. This role is integral to aiding the continued growth and success of the College.
Send your resume, along with a single paragraph about why Whitley College needs you to email@example.com. A copy of the position description will be forwarded on request.
Applications need to be received by COB Monday 23rd January, 2017