The Academic Board of the University of Divinity is constituted by Regulation 2 of the Council, as required by the University of Divinity Act 1910.
As the body with oversight of academic affairs, Academic Board has primary responsibility for rigorous debate and discussion about the determination of academic strategy and the formulation of academic policy at the University.
The Chair of Academic Board is elected by Academic Board, and is an official member of the University Council. The present Chair is the Reverend Associate Professor Frank Rees (2017- ).
The membership of the Academic Board is:
- the Chair
- the Vice-Chancellor
- the Director of Learning and Teaching
- the Director of Research
- the Academic Deans of the University’s Colleges
- two students (one coursework, one research) elected by the student body.
Committees of Academic Board
Much of the work of Academic Board is conducted by its standing Committees. Terms of Reference for these Committees are found in the Determinations to Regulation 2.
- Academic Promotions Committee
- Academic Quality and Standards Committee
- Academic Resources Committee
- Learning and Teaching Committee
- Library Committee
- Research Committee
- Student Services Committee.